2018 Summer Camps at Skybridge
Summer Camp 2018!
Hosted by Adam and Tyler, July 9 - 13 (One Week)
This summer Adam and Tyler are running a week long day camp from July 9th to July 13th. Each day students work together to cook their own lunch and we will be featuring a unique fun activity for the students to participate in. We are renting equipment for a day of nerf battles and an inflatable obstacle course. There will also be organized cooperative activities like a kickball tournament, optional Risk and D&D campaigns, and a campwide water balloon war.
Skybridge Theatre-Makers Camp: Deleted Scenes from Well-Known Tales
Hosted by Brian, July 16 - 27 (Two Weeks)
In the style of Skybridge’s Skitz: Sketch Comedy, our Devising Theatre class (aka Funerals for Imaginary Friends) and our previous production of Deleted Scenes from Fairy Tales, this theatre summer camp puts the students’ imagination at the center. Over the course of two weeks, kids become theatremakers immersed in the art, as they imagine, improvise, create, rehearse, and tech short theatre pieces. This culminates in a performance for an audience.
- The camp will run from 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM all five days of both of the weeks.
- The cost is $800 per student for the two weeks.
- We need a minimum of 6 kids
- For more information or to sign your student up, email brian@Skybridgeatx.com
Magic the Gathering Camp
Hosted by Alex, August 13 - 17 (One Week)
The core of the camp is a week-long deck-building campaign. Starting with a limited pool of brand-new cards provided by the camp, students will build decks and battle each other, earning new cards to augment their decks along the way. Using these individualized decks, we’ll learn about the basic rules of the game, discuss important strategic concepts like tempo and card advantage, and talk about how to be successfully when playing in special formats like booster drafts. By the end of the week, students will have plenty of new cards, a stronger sense of how to play competitively, and lots of fun memories!
- The camp will run from 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM all five days of the week.
- The cost is $500, and includes new, unopened packs of cards and other supplies.
- For more information or to sign your student up, email firstname.lastname@example.org